Did you know that air inside your home can be up to five times more polluted as compared to the outside air?
An unhealthy indoor environment is typically full of pollutants from cooking, tobacco, pets and pollen. Breathing in the air full of such particles can aggravate lungs, and long-term exposure can lead to many health issues.
Air purifiers get rid of allergens, remove airborne bacteria, trap dust particles and remove unpleasant odours, among many other benefits.
Read on for our expert reviews of the best air purifiers available. Check the latest prices to ensure you get a great deal!
- 1 Our Top Picks
- 2 10 Best Air Purifiers
- 2.1 1. LEVOIT Air Purifier for Home Bedroom with True HEPA Filter
- 2.2 2. HoMedics HEPA Air Purifier
- 2.3 3. Dyson Wi-Fi Enabled Air Purifier
- 2.4 4. Pro Breeze 5-in-1 Air Purifier with True HEPA Filter
- 2.5 5. Vax ACAMV101 Pure Air 300 Air Purifier
- 2.6 6. Honeywell Air Purifier True HEPA Allergen Remover
- 2.7 7. Philips AC2889/60 Series 2000i Connected Air Purifier
- 2.8 8. Xiaomi Air Purifier
- 2.9 9. PureMate 5 IN 1 Multiple Technology PM 510 True Hepa Air Purifier
- 2.10 10. Bionaire Tower Air Purifier
- 3 Air Purifier Buying Guide
- 3.1 Key Takeaways
- 3.2 What is an Air Purifier?
- 3.3 What Are the Different Types of Air Purifiers?
- 3.4 How Does an Air Purifier Work?
- 3.5 What Are the Benefits of an Air Purifier?
- 3.6 What is HEPA?
- 3.7 Features to Look for in an Air Purifier
- 3.8 Our Expertise in HVAC Products
- 3.9 Conclusion
Our Top Picks
LEVOIT Air Purifier for Home Bedroom with True HEPA Filter
HoMedics HEPA Air Purifier
Dyson Wi-Fi Enabled Air Purifier
Pro Breeze 5-in-1 Air Purifier with True HEPA Filter
Vax ACAMV101 Pure Air 300 Air Purifier
Honeywell Air Purifier True HEPA Allergen Remover
Philips AC2889/60 Series 2000i Connected Air Purifier
Xiaomi Air Purifier
PureMate 5 IN 1 Multiple Technology PM 510 True Hepa Air Purifier
Bionaire Tower Air Purifier
10 Best Air Purifiers
1. LEVOIT Air Purifier for Home Bedroom with True HEPA Filter
If you’re looking for an air purifier that is also good for the environment, then look no further than the LEVOIT Air Purifier. This particular model doesn’t use UV/Ion light which is typically used by many other purifiers to clean air. UV/Ion light is actually harmful to the ozone and it is also adds to secondary pollution. With that said, we will now take a closer look at the features as well as the pros and cons of this purifier.
This purifier uses true HEPA technology which is known for its 3 stage system for filtering air. These filters are a fine preliminary, activated carbon filter as well as the true HEPA filter. This helps to get rid of 99.97% of the allergens, dust, pet danger, mold, smoke etc from the air in your home.
You can use this air purifier in a home or business and it has a 25W motor along with a British standard plug. As a result, you can rest assured that this purifier will work, no matter the circumstance.
Touch Control Panel & Silent Operation
The touch control panel is very easy to use and makes adjusting this purifier very simple. It also runs extremely quietly, as low as 25dB.
- This is an air purifier can be used in the living room, bedroom or even at the office.
- If you’re not sure if the filter is actually working to filter the air, all you need to do is check the filter’s colour to see if it is working.
- There is a night light where you can select from 2 types of ambient light or you can turn all the lights off when you are ready to sleep.
- Can help get rid of food odours after cooking.
- There is an automated filter change reminder.
- The lights on the on/off button cannot be turned off.
2. HoMedics HEPA Air Purifier
Do you want to create a healthier and stress free home environment? If so, then the HoMedics HEPA air purifier can help you to achieve just that. HomMedics is a well known brand that has produced high quality air purifiers since 1987 and are a leader in the air purification industry. This particular air purifier can help to eliminate allergens in your home as well as relieve hay fever, asthma etc.
It uses HEPA technology which ensures that 99% of all the allergens in your home are completely eliminated so that you and your family can breathe clean air. The HEPA filter is also easy to clean which means that it will last as much as 5 times longer than other air purifiers with traditional filters. It is capable of removing dust, pollen, smoke, mold, dust mites, bacteria, viruses etc from the air in your home.
This air purifier is designed in such a way that it will seamlessly blend into your home for ultimate discretion. It is also extremely quiet and is great for using in your bedroom so you can sleep comfortably at night.
Easy To Use
It is also extremely simple to use with an on and off button. There are three speeds and you can easily change the speed by adjusting the speed bar. Once you want to turn it off, you will have to press the on/off button again.
- It is great to use in bedrooms as it can easily purify the air in rooms up to 55m²/hr.
- Approved by the British Allergy Foundation and it is also ECARF allergy friendly.
- The display is very easy to read with manual controls that are also extremely easy to manipulate.
- There is no timer so you will have to manually switch the air purifier on and off.
3. Dyson Wi-Fi Enabled Air Purifier
Just because air purifiers have to be functional and effective, it does not mean they cannot present well too. Take the Dyson Wi-Fi Enable Air Purifier. While it looks visually appealing and covers a full 360 degrees, it provides solutions for cleaning the air and keeping the room temperature comfortable. This is also one of the smarter air purifiers currently on the market. With the auto-mode and timer, you can put the purifier to work according to your schedule and routine. But the highlights do not stop there.
A Versatile Air Purifier With Triple Functions
In addition to removing 99.97% of allergens down to the size of 0.3 microns, this air purifier by Dyson can also be used for heating and cooling. This means you can keep the air clean while enjoying comfortable temperatures throughout the year.
Focused Air Stream
Whether you prefer a stronger concentrated stream of air, or something more wide-spread, this air purifier is designed for both. The former is referred to as “personal” mode, while the latter wide-spread option is called “diffused” mode.
Monitors And Reacts Automatically
In terms of smart technology, the purifier is certainly up to date with modern convenience. It automatically monitors and reacts. Then it reports back to Dyson through the link app, which puts you in more control without having to leave your chair.
- Manufactured with quality materials from a reputable brand.
- Operate remotely with the Dyson link app.
- Comes with an auto-mode and timer.
- It looks sleek and presents well.
- Very easy to clean and maintain.
- Versatile and functional throughout the year.
- Users find the manual to be lacking necessary information.
4. Pro Breeze 5-in-1 Air Purifier with True HEPA Filter
With kids and pets around, it is your responsibility to keep airborne particles away. The best way to do that is bringing home the all-new Pro Breeze 5-in-1 Air Purifier with True HEPA Filter. It is appropriate for families with kids, pets, and allergy sufferers. Its five-stage purification system captures 99.97% bacteria, allergens, and dust particles. The filters are efficient enough to gather airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns. It comes with an activated carbon filter, cold catalyst, and true HEPA filter to keep allergens away.
Negative Ion Generator
The ultra-powerful negative ion generator binds and neutralizes airborne pollutants to keep the air in your house clean. You need to switch it on manually. The negative ion generator absorbs the pollutants quickly without interrupting other functions.
5-in-1 Air Purification System
This air purifier comes with a true HEPA filter, activated carbon filter, cold catalyst, pre-filter, and CADR 218+ rating. All these filters capture as much as 99.97% of airborne pollutants, mould, odours, smoke, pollen, and pet dander.
This unit also has automated timers, allowing the unit to switch on or switch off automatically. It also has a sleep mode that enables the purifier to switch off automatically while you sleep.
The Pro Breeze 5-in-1 Air Purifier with True HEPA Filter is a gem of an air purifier. Its 5-in-1 cleaning technology manages to keep 99.97% air pollutants out from your room. Your kids won’t suffocate anymore due to the excess pet dander lying around in your house.
- It is an excellent product for hay fever sufferers, smokers, pet owners, and homeowners with kids in their house.
- The unit is powerful enough to purify the air in large rooms of up to 430 sq. ft.
- It has 218+ CADR rating.
- It is more expensive compared to its competitors.
5. Vax ACAMV101 Pure Air 300 Air Purifier
When you open the window blinds in your residence, have you seen golden specks dancing in the flickers of sunlight flickering into your room? Perhaps you have a cold that won’t seem to go away no matter what you do? If so, then it is a sign that the air in your residence is full of pollutants, allergens and even dust.
The best way to get rid of these harmful substances in the air that you are breathing is to acquire the Vax ACAMV101 Pure Air 300 Air Purifier. This purifier is specifically designed to get rid of over 99% of harmful substances floating in the air that you breath.
With the capability to get rid of over 99% of pollutants in the air such as allergens, dust and pet dust, this air purifier is the perfect solution if you are looking to ensure that you and your loved ones have access to clean breathing air. Further, did you know that this air purifier can get rid of harmful particles that are smaller than 0.4 microns.
Offers Maximum Protection
The Vax ACAMV101 Pure Air 300 Air Purifier has a smart sensor that can automatically evaluate whether the air in your residence has particles that should not be there. If there any harmful particles, the purifier can adjust its filtration speed to get rid of the pollutants as quickly as possible.
Easy to Use
This purifier has adjustable speed settings that you can adjust to get maximum levels of clean and fresh air in your home.
What’s more, to ensure you are fully protected from harmful particles in the air, this purifier usually reminds you to change the air filter when it starts getting clogged. When you are not using the purifier, you can always turn on the sleep mode feature.
- You get value for your purchase since it offers you and your family maximum protection from air pollutants.
- It is designed to always operate at optimum efficiency.
- It has a smart technology designed to ensure you always breath clean and fresh air.
- It only comes in the colour white meaning that it may not blend in perfectly with your decor.
6. Honeywell Air Purifier True HEPA Allergen Remover
Research has proven that the air indoors is much dirtier that the air outdoors. If you or anyone in your residence has been experiencing allergic attacks, asthmatic attacks or never-ending colds, it is most likely because you are constantly breathing dirty air.
The worst part is that the pollutants in the air we breath are microscopic and as such they cannot be seen with the naked eye. If you are looking to ensure that the air in your home is always fresh and clean, consider acquiring the Honeywell Air Purifier True HEPA Allergen Remover.
The Honeywell Air Purifier True HEPA Allergen Remover has been tested and proven to get rid of even the most microscopic pollutants in the air. To get rid of allergens, pet hairs and dust, you can rely on this purifier. The best part is that it has a pre-filter that can help get rid of annoying and foul odours in your house.
It Works Quietly
If you are looking to get clean air in provided noiselessly in your house, the Honeywell Air Purifier True HEPA Allergen Remover is the way to go. It operates optimally and noiselessly meaning that it even be used at night without providing any distractions.
It Is Highly Efficient & Effective
This air purifier and allergen remover comes fitted with a HEPA filter that can trap harmful particles that smaller than 0.3 microns. Tests have shown that it is 99.97% effective in its operations making it ideal for getting rid of germs, pollutants and allergens that can cause diseases such as asthma.
It Is Simple & Easy to Use
To get clean air without pollutants, dust and allergens, you simply need to plug in the air filter and start enjoying the healthier life you seek. This purifier also comes with an indicator that shows you when it is time to change the air filter so that you can continue enjoying an uninterrupted supply of clean and fresh air.
- It is a bargain compared to the immense health benefits you will enjoy from the clean and fresh air it supplies.
- It operates with minimal noise.
- It comes with a three-year guarantee.
- This purifier provides clean and fresh air from the top meaning that you cannot direct the flow of air towards any desired direction.
7. Philips AC2889/60 Series 2000i Connected Air Purifier
Tired of energy sucking, inefficient air purifiers? The Philips AC2889/60 Series 2000i Connected air purifier is the one you want. It is an energy-efficient, smart purifier with HEPA and activated carbon filters. It has an intelligent purification system that continuously monitors the air quality and reacts to it. Designed to clean large spaces, you can use it to cover an area up to 79 square meters.
Intelligent Purification System
It has an intelligent purification system with the Philips AeraSense technology that continuously monitors the air quality to detect even the slightest change in the conditions inside. The unit automatically changes the fan speeds whenever it detects a change in the particle concentration in the air.
You can control the unit with the help of Air Matters app which also allows you to track indoor and outdoor air quality. You can also control it with Amazon Alexa app.
Multiple Purification Settings
It comes with 3 automatic settings including the sleep mode, allergen mode and pollution mode. In the sleep mode, the fan runs at quieter speed and lights are dimmed. There are also 5 manual modes including a more powerful turbo speed mode where fan runs at the highest speed. There is also the extra quiet sleep mode where fan runs at the lowest speed.
HEPA and Carbon Filter
It has a multistage filtration system with HEPA filter and Carbon filter. The HEPA filter is capable of removing all particles bigger than 0.3 µm in size and the active carbon filter gets rid of all the odours, volatile organic compounds, harmful bacteria and other allergens.
Lots of Sensors
There are tons of sensors in this unit to give you a visual idea of the air quality inside the room. It will also alert you whenever it’s time to clean or replace the filters.
- It is capable of cleaning air in a space up to 79 square meters.
- You can control it from anywhere with the Air Matters app.
- It comes with 3 automatic modes and 5 manual modes allowing you complete control.
- It has a clean air delivery rate of 333 square meters per hour.
- It alerts you when it’s time to clean or replace the filters.
- The unit does not come with wheels which means you will have to lift it when you want to shift it from one room to another.
8. Xiaomi Air Purifier
The Xiaomi Air Purifier 2S AC-M4-AA is a high tech purifier that will drastically improve the air quality of your home. This model in particular has the ability to clean and refresh air in only 10 minutes which makes it a very fast and efficient purifier.
Tower Style Design
This purifier has a tower style design that actually has 943 vents. This enables the purifier to form a full circulation wind path for extremely efficient purification.
The filter has three layers which gives three levels of air purification. These three layers are: primary filter net, H11 EPA filter net and the premium activated carbon filter.
This model has an improved and upgraded OLED display which actually shows the PM 2.5 index in real time. It also shows the current temperature of the room, humidity, current working mode and even the WiFi linkage. This allows you to quickly and easily monitor the purity of your air at any time.
Built In Light Sensor
This built in sensor actually detects the change of light in your home and will automatically brighten or dim the screen’s LED light. This will ensure that you can sleep easy at night without any having to deal with a brightly lit display.
- There is a Mi Home App which allows you to remotely control the air purifier, no matter where you are. This app even reminds you when you need to change the filter.
- It has a compact design while offering extremely powerful air purification.
- You can set it to different working modes such as automatic, favorite, sleeping etc.
- Saves energy with reduced power consumption and it is also low noise.
- The LED display could be sharper.
- The user manual only comes in Chinese, however, it is intuitive to use.
9. PureMate 5 IN 1 Multiple Technology PM 510 True Hepa Air Purifier
An air purifier will not only make you breathe easier but ensure that the quality of air that you do breathe, is excellent. There are many reasons why you should avoid breathing air that is full of dust, bacteria, pollen, smoke etc as it can compromise your respiratory system over time. Additionally, breathing poor quality air has been linked to many other health issues. With that said, we will now take a closer look at the PureMate 5 In 1 Multiple Technology air purifier so you can determine if this is the best purifier for your home.
This purifier has a HEPA filter that will filter out 99.97% of the allergens and particles in the air. Additionally, it has a 5 stage filtration system and these 5 filters include: the True HEPA filter, negative ioniser, UV germicidal lamp, TIO2 and active carbon filter. These 5 filters work together to effectively filter air.
The features are all easy to understand and the purifier itself is quite user friendly. There is an operating timer which you can set from 1 to 8 hours. The control panel itself has a very clear LCD display as well as an indicator which shows when you need to replace your filter.
This particular air purifier can be used in small to medium sized rooms up to 400 square feet.
There are 5 speeds for the fan whereas the ioniser and UV lamp have 4 levels of control. This allows you to customise your settings according to your preferences.
- There is a filter replacement as well as lamp replacement indicator which lets you know when these need to be replaced.
- Cleans particles that are up to 0.3 microns from the air.
- Releases negative ions into the air to help improve mood as well as improve focus and alertness.
- Very quiet and only makes noise up to 20 dB.
- There is no remote control.
10. Bionaire Tower Air Purifier
Air purifiers are highly recommended for the home because they clean the air to make it more comfortable for you and your family. Unfortunately, in these modern times, air quality has greatly reduced due to pollution, second hand smoke, bacteria, viruses, dust, mold, pollen and more. So, it is essential to use an air purifier to ensure good health and well being. We will now take a closer look at the features of the Bionaire Tower Air Purifier.
Air Particle Sensor & Permanent Filter
This air purifier has its own inbuilt air particle sensor that uses a light scatter method to determine the quality of the air and then automatically select the necessary air cleaning level. Additionally, it also uses 2 HEPA filters that are actually permanent and you don’t ever need to replace them. All you need to do is occasionally vacuum them when they become dirty.
Independently controlled Ioniser
This actually improves particle filtration so that 99% of air pollutants can be eliminated. This air purifier can actually get rid of particles that are as small as 2 microns. This ensures that it can clean smoke, spores, pet dander, pollen, dust etc.
Easy To Use
There is an automatic function as well as three speed settings. This makes the purifier very easy to use.
- You can use it in large rooms and it can clean rooms that are up to 34 square metres.
- There is also a filter service indicator which will show when the filter needs to be cleaned.
- The filters are extremely easy to clean and due to the fact that they are permanent, you will save money since you won’t need to buy replacements.
- There is a bright blue light at the top of the purifier which cannot be turned off. This can be annoying at night.
Air Purifier Buying Guide
Did you know that air inside your home in the UK can be up to five times more polluted as compared to the outside air? Most people do not pay attention to the quality of air inside even when they spend most of their time indoors, either at home or in office.
Creating a healthy environment goes beyond just washing the floors and keeping your walls and ceiling clean. You also need to pay attention to the quality of air inside your home and if the quality is not up to the mark, you need to invest in the right air purifier.
An unhealthy indoor environment is typically full of pollutants such as particles from cooking, wood-burning, tobacco, pet dander, pollen as well as volatile organic compounds from paints, cleaning products and adhesives among others. Pollutants up to 10 µm in size such as those found in dust and smoke are of greater concern as these can get deep inside your lungs. If you keep breathing in air full of such particles, it might aggravate lungs and lead to asthma attacks. In fact, long-term exposure to polluted indoor air full of such particles/pollutants has been associated with reduced lung function, bronchitis and in some cases, even premature death.
- Indoor air in the UK can be up to five times more polluted than outdoor air, making air purifiers essential for improving indoor air quality.
- Air purifiers come in various types, such as HEPA, ionic, carbon, and UV purifiers, each with its own method of removing pollutants from the air.
- When buying an air purifier, consider factors like HEPA technology, area coverage, dimensions, weight, noise, design, smartphone app connectivity, multi-functionality, and guarantee to ensure you get the best value for your money while improving air quality in your home.
What is an Air Purifier?
Air purifiers are appliances that remove microscopic particles from the air around you in an enclosed space. By removing these pollutants or bad particulates from the air you breathe, these appliances allow you to breathe in pure air. It is especially useful for people suffering from respiratory illnesses.
Even if you do not have any respiratory issues, you will still find an air purifier to be of great help as a good quality purifier is capable of removing almost 99% of pollutants in the indoor air. It will allow your lungs to function better and you should notice a dramatic improvement in your overall health once you have a good air purifier in the room where you spend the most time.
What Are the Different Types of Air Purifiers?
Some of the common types of air purifiers based on size include desk air purifiers, tower air purifiers, portable air purifiers and oscillating air purifiers among others.
The basic function of different types of air purifiers remains the same. These pull in the air full of pollutants and release clean air.
The desk models are compact in size and designed to be kept on a shelf or desk. These are less powerful as compared to bigger machines but can play an effective role in cleaning indoor air in small rooms. The tower models are tall in shape and typically, powerful enough for large spaces. There are also large portable models that are usually powerful and designed to clean air in large spaces. The oscillating models rotate while running. There are also some models that also double up as fans.
Air purifiers are also classified based on the filters and process used for removing the pollutants or microscopic particles from the air.
One of the most popular types is the HEPA air purifier. It has HEPA filters that are great at catching microscopic particles typically associated with causing allergies. Another type is an ionic air purifier. These emit electrically charged ions that attach onto the allergens and dust particles which helps in removing them from the air. There is also the carbon air purifier. It has a carbon filter that is helpful in getting rid of smoke, vapours and odours from indoor air. The UV air purifiers use ultraviolet light for breaking down floating bacteria and airborne viruses.
How Does an Air Purifier Work?
All the air purifiers have fans that pull in the indoor air. This air is then cleaned with the help of filters inside the purifier and cleaned air is then released into the room. An air purifier needs to run continuously for several hours in order to effectively bring down the level of pollutants in the indoor air.
In case of HEPA air purifiers, the filters are capable of trapping particles that are more than 0.3 µm in size. Air purifiers with HEPA filters are excellent at removing almost all the pollutants in the air in an enclosed space.
In case of ionising purifiers, corona discharge method is used for charging molecules. An intense electrical field is created inside the air purifier and it gives a negative/positive charge to the molecules passing through. Bigger particles in the indoor air such as contaminants and dust are usually charged and get attracted to these charged molecules. The metal plates within the purifier then attract these particles and remove them from the air.
Some ioniser models also generate ozone. Ozone is formed by splitting off the oxygen molecules. However, there is serious doubt about the effectiveness of ozone generators. In fact, ozone is a toxic gas and it reacts with other chemicals. It is also capable of oxidising metals leading to corrosion. Therefore, it is recommended to stay away from ozone generating air purifiers.
In carbon air filters, activated charcoal is used as an adsorbent. It is an extremely porous substance that is capable of trapping larger molecules. In case of UV light purifiers, the UV light bathes the air passing through which helps in getting rid of airborne bacteria and viruses.
What Are the Benefits of an Air Purifier?
If you’re still wondering whether you need an air purifier, here’s a list of some of the major benefits of buying one.
- As mentioned in the beginning, indoor air can be up to 5 times dirtier and an air purifier will make sure that you and your family members always breathe in clean air.
- Get rid of unpleasant odours with a good quality purifier. If you like to cook or you are facing odour issues in your home, bringing in an air purifier will help in getting rid of those unpleasant odours.
- If you have pets in your home, a high quality air purifier will help you get rid of any airborne allergens typically released by pets such as fur, pet dander and other airborne allergens.
- If you have a fireplace or someone in your family smokes, bringing in an air purifier can help in getting rid of the smoke particles.
- A high quality air purifier will help in trapping dust particles before they have a chance to settle down. In simple terms, you will have less to clean.
- Good quality purifiers are capable of getting rid of up to 99.97% of all the airborne bacteria and viruses. An air purifier will help in getting rid of mould spores, pollen and other harmful bacteria floating in the air and your family will notice a significant improvement in overall health.
- If allergies are a problem in your household, bringing in an air purifier will get rid of allergens.
- You will be doing a favour to your lungs by providing them clean air to breathe. Keep in mind that long-term exposure to pollen, dust, pet dander and other airborne pollutants can lead to many health issues.
- A high quality air purifier will help in preventing the spread of germs and other harmful bacteria by neutralising almost all of the airborne bacteria and viruses.
- Air purifiers generally do not take up too much space. These are available in a wide variety of sizes and you will definitely find one that fits perfectly in various rooms of your house.
What is HEPA?
HEPA stands for High Efficiency Particulate Air filters. These filters can be made of any material but these are capable of trapping 99.97% of airborne particles that are bigger than 0.3 µm. You can’t see anything with naked eyes that is less than 10 µm in size.
The typical filters in air conditioning units are capable of only capturing particles that are bigger than 10 µm in size whereas HEPA filters are capable of removing even smaller sized particles such as pollen, pet dander, smoke, dust, harmful bacteria and viruses.
Features to Look for in an Air Purifier
When you start researching air purifiers, you will find that there are hundreds of brands with each brand offering multiple models. Therefore, you need to carefully compare several features in order to get the best value for your money when buying any air purifier. Here’s a list of some of the important features you should consider.
Make sure the air purifier uses HEPA filters. As described above, HEPA filters are capable of removing 99.97% of particles that are less than 0.3 µm in size. It essentially means that air purifiers with HEPA filters will ensure cleaner air in an enclosed space.
When it comes to choosing the size of the air purifier, you should first measure the area of the room where you are going to place the purifier. Experts recommend minitower or desktop models for small rooms that are up to 155 square feet in size. For bigger rooms, it is recommended to invest in a console or a tower model that is capable of covering an area of more than 300 square feet.
In addition, you should also pay attention to the air change per hour rate. You can measure this by calculating the volume of the room in cubic metres which would be divided by the air flow rate of the purifier in cubic metres per minute. Ideally, your purifier should give at least 2 air changes each hour in order to be effective at cleaning the air inside a room.
Most of the models available in the market today are compact in size which means you can easily place them in a corner and these will keep working efficiently. Dimensions only matter if you want to move the air purifier from one room to another but generally, people tend to buy separate purifiers for different rooms.
Weight and Portability
Weight of the purifier and its portability only matter if you plan to use the same purifier for different rooms of your home. If you are planning to buy a purifier for a smaller room, you should go for a desk model that can be easily placed at a shelf and is easy to move around.
Noise levels matter with air purifiers as these machines are always running. In other words, you will have to live with the air purifier. So, find the noise rating of the machine and consider the fact that your refrigerator produces noise levels of around 50 dB. The noise rating should be available on the packaging. If noise is a concern, choose a unit with multiple settings. You can run it on high setting where nobody is there in the room and you can then run it on low setting when you are in the room.
Another option is to buy a bigger capacity air purifier which can be continuously run at low setting to allow cleaning of air much more efficiently and much more quietly in a smaller room.
All the models typically look the same but if design is really important for you, you can always find an air purifier that not only works great but also looks great. Pay attention to some of the other features such as timers and programmability. It will allow you to operate the unit in an off-hands manner.
Internet of things is a reality and these days, you have a lot of devices that connect to Internet. This is also true of air purifiers. Some models available in the market allow you to control various functions with the help of a smartphone app. Buy one with this feature if it is really necessary for you.
Some models of air purifiers are multi-functional. They not only work as an air purifier but also have a fan inside and a heating element which means you can also use them for heating the room. The fan can be used as and when you need it.
Needless to say, you would want to invest in an air purifier that offers multi-year guarantee. You wouldn’t want your air purifier to break down within a few months or within a year. It’s an appliance that should keep working on its own without any issues.
Our Expertise in HVAC Products
At Heat Pump Source, we recognise the importance of clean air in your home. Our team of experts has invested significant time and effort into comprehensive testing and research to bring you unbiased, data-backed insights. With years of experience in the HVAC industry, we aim to help you make an informed decision regarding improving indoor air quality.
Why Trust Our Reviews?
- Industry Expertise: Our reviews are rooted in our extensive knowledge of HVAC products. We utilise this expertise to assess air purifiers, not just based on their features, but on their ability to remove contaminants from your indoor environment efficiently.
- Hands-On Testing: We go beyond specifications, subjecting each air purifier to rigorous hands-on testing. This approach enables us to provide you with performance measurements for each device, including filtration efficiency, noise levels, and ease of maintenance, ensuring you know how each purifier performs in real-world conditions.
- Transparency: Our reviews are conducted with complete transparency and impartiality. We objectively evaluate the features and functionality of each recommendation. We aim to provide you with essential information free from external biases.
- Experience: Our reviews offer more than mere comparisons; they convey our wealth of experience. We delve into the evolution of each air purifier model, the design choices made by manufacturers, and how these factors impact your daily air quality.
Our reviews are designed to assist you in choosing the top air purifiers for 2023. We equip you with all the necessary details, comparisons, and expert insights to make a well-informed decision. With our dedication to quality and your desire for cleaner air, we’re here to ensure that your indoor environment remains a sanctuary of purity and well-being.
An air purifier is an essential device that is designed to keep you healthy. The above mentioned tips should help you in choosing a model that offers the best value for your money. In addition to the above, you should also pay attention to the operating costs. Operating an air purifier all year long has a significant cost attached to it in terms of energy bills and cost of filters. Therefore, it is better to invest in a model that is energy-efficient and comes with washable pre-filters that can be reused.
We hope you enjoyed our article on the best air purifiers. There are so many things to consider when looking for a air purifier for your home. With our guide, hopefully you will have an easier time finding the perfect air purifier for your needs!
About the Author
At Heat Pump Source, our articles are the product of a collaborative effort among a team of highly skilled HVAC experts. Our dedicated professionals, hailing from diverse backgrounds in heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration, contribute their extensive knowledge and experience to every piece of content. This multidisciplinary approach ensures comprehensive coverage. Our commitment is to deliver authoritative, reliable, and tailored advice to meet the unique needs of every household and business across the UK.