When you get hit with a heatwave, what’s better than a fan to get relief from that stifling heat? A top quality pedestal fan will make you so much more comfortable.
Read on for our expert reviews of the best pedestal fans available. Check the latest prices to ensure you get a great deal!
- 1 Our Picks of the 10 Best Pedestal Fans
- 2 Best Pedestal Fans
- 2.1 1. ANSIO Pedestal Fan with Remote
- 2.2 2. Pro Breeze® 16-Inch Pedestal Fan with Remote Control
- 2.3 3. Klarstein Eye Of The Storm Pedestal Fan
- 2.4 4. Honeywell Advanced QuietSet 16″ Stand Fan
- 2.5 5. Jack Stonehouse Electric Cooling Pedestal Fan
- 2.6 6. FUTURA Oscillating Pedestal Standing Fan
- 2.7 7. Bionaire Standing Floor Fan with Remote Control
- 2.8 8. EcoAir Zephyr Pedestal Fan
- 2.9 9. Schallen 16″ Floor Standing Pedestal Fan
- 2.10 10. Sohler Black Electric Remote Controlled Pedestal Fan
- 3 Pedestal Fan Buying Guide
- 3.1 What Is a Pedestal Fan?
- 3.2 How Does a Pedestal Fan Work?
- 3.3 What’s the Difference Between a Tower Fan and a Pedestal Fan?
- 3.4 Features to Look for in a Pedestal Fan
Our Picks of the 10 Best Pedestal Fans
ANSIO Pedestal Fan with Remote
Pro Breeze® 16-Inch Pedestal Fan with Remote Control
Klarstein Eye Of The Storm Pedestal Fan
Honeywell Advanced QuietSet 16″ Stand Fan
Jack Stonehouse Electric Cooling Pedestal Fan
FUTURA Oscillating Pedestal Standing Fan
Bionaire Standing Floor Fan with Remote Control
EcoAir Zephyr Pedestal Fan
Schallen 16″ Floor Standing Pedestal Fan
Sohler Black Electric Remote Controlled Pedestal Fan
Best Pedestal Fans
1. ANSIO Pedestal Fan with Remote
Are you in the market for a new pedestal fan? Finding one at a local store isn’t much of a problem, but finding one that ticks all the boxes can be a challenge. You probably don’t give much thought about what qualities to look for in a pedestal fan, but you’d do yourself a huge favour by knowing exactly what you should get. The ANSIO pedestal fan with remote should rank high on your list simply because it does everything that a pedestal fan should do and more.
Adjustable Fan Height
This pedestal fan measures 16″ in height, but you have the freedom to choose from 3 adjustable height configurations. This enables you to use it as a stand fan or a table fan, providing unmatched flexibility.
You won’t have any problems with cooling since this pedestal fan by ANSIO comes with 8-speed settings. Adjust the speed depending on the comfort level you want to attain.
Remote Control Operation
Gone are the days when you have to stand up just to turn the fan on or off or adjust the speed settings. This pedestal fan comes with remote control, making it extremely convenient to use.
The ANSIO pedestal fan is definitely worth buying because it offers a lot of flexibility and comfort without requiring you to shell out a ton of money.
- The 8-speed settings prove to be all you need to stay cool and comfortable. Surely, you wouldn’t complain about the cool breeze this fan offers.
- The fan has an 85-degree oscillation, which means you can distribute cool air in different directions
- There’s also a vertical tilt so that you can point the fan exactly where you want it to
- The adjustable height is a welcome feature, giving you flexibility for when you want a stand fan or a desk fan
- The pedestal fan is quite bulky, so expect assembly to be more difficult than usual
2. Pro Breeze® 16-Inch Pedestal Fan with Remote Control
If you need to cool a room down quickly, the Pro Breeze® 16-Inch Pedestal Fan with Remote Control gets the job done fast. This fan comes with a convenient remote control and the four speeds ensure that your room cools off fast. The adjustable height and pivoting head of the fan ensures you get the perfect airflow each time you use the fan.
This floor fan has a strong 55W motor that puts out lots of cold air. The 16″ fan head is large enough to keep the airflow strong so the entire room stays cool.
Four Operating Modes
The fan has four operating modes, including natural, night, quiet, and normal modes. The fan also has three speed settings which will meet all of your cooling needs.
Adjustable Height And Pivoting Head
The height of the fan is easy to adjust and can be raised from 115 cm to 135 cm with ease. The head also pivots across a 28° vertical angle so you have total control over airflow.
The fan comes with a convenient remote control so you can operate the fan without getting out of your chair. The remote control gives you complete control over the fan and the timer. The fan also has an easy to read LED display so you can operate the fan without the remote control.
80 Degree Oscillation Mode
The wide oscillation mode allows you to blow a cold breeze across rooms of any size. The fan oscillates up to 80 degrees from left to right.
- The powerful motor ensures that the fan is going to keep your room cold
- Remote control allows you to operate the fan without getting up
- Adjustable height allows you to get just the right height for the fan
- Power cord could be longer
3. Klarstein Eye Of The Storm Pedestal Fan
Summers can become excessively sweaty with high humidity levels. Your entire family may gasp for air inside the house because of the hot loo that keeps blowing from time to time. You can offer them respite by bringing home the all-new Klarstein Eye of the Storm Pedestal Fan.
This all-round cooling fan is a godsend gift because of its ability to oscillate 360 degrees and offer controlled airflow to all the corners of your room. It comes with five blades that can deliver up to 3600 m³ of air per hour, which is enough to cool your room down in a few minutes.
Most pedestal fans only oscillation 180-degrees. But the Eye of the Storm is one step ahead of the others. It can oscillate 360-degrees, which is very unique considering the technology involved. Moreover, it can tilt 360-degree, something you may not come across in other pedestal fans.
Easy to use
There are two ways to use this pedestal fan: through the push buttons on the pole and the remote control. From changing the fan speed to using the automatic on/off timer, you can operate the fan from your bed or couch easily.
The Klarstein Eye of the Storm Pedestal Fan is a one-of-a-kind fan that can rotate in any direction you prefer. Use it in a small room to experience comfortable airflow for hours.
- The sleek design blends well with any room in your house. It is ideal to maintain the aesthetics of your room with this fan.
- There are three speed levels: normal, nature, and sleep. You can change the speed levels directly from the remote.
- It has a minimum airflow of 60 m³/min, which is significantly more than its competitors
- It doesn’t have an adjustable height stand
4. Honeywell Advanced QuietSet 16″ Stand Fan
One of the most annoying things about stand fans is that they can get pretty loud. But since you need to maintain sufficient comfort levels at home, you have no choice but to keep using it. But now, you have the option of going for an ultra-quiet stand fan. The Honeywell Advanced QuietSet is aptly named. The noise reduction technology makes this fan perform perfectly with minimal noise. This alone makes it a compelling choice, but keep reading to learn more about the features of this amazing stand fan.
Noise Reduction Technology
This is the primary selling point of the stand fan. The noise reduction technology involves the use of new aerodynamic blades as well as a new diffusion cone, both of which are designed to deliver powerful cooling with virtually zero noise.
The Honeywell Advanced QuietSet gives you the option to choose from five-speed settings. You can do this manually or via the remote control.
LED displays are great, but not when you can’t dim them at night. Thankfully, the LED display on the Advanced QuietSet has auto-dimming capabilities so you wouldn’t be distracted when trying to sleep.
This stand fan can be adjusted in height, which means greater control of the airflow.
There’s an auto shut-off timer that allows you to set the fan’s operation at 1, 2, 4, or 8 hours.
The Honeywell Advanced QuietSet has changed the game thanks to its noise reduction technology. Surely, you’d love how quiet this fan operates while ensuring that you reach your desired comfort level.
- The best thing about this fan is it delivers extreme cooling with minimal sound
- The timer ensures that you can shut off the fan at your desired time
- The dimming LED display is a welcome feature, enabling you to have a peaceful night’s sleep
- The adjustable height and oscillation ensure excellent area coverage
- Assembly can take time
5. Jack Stonehouse Electric Cooling Pedestal Fan
Pedestal fans usually come with straightforward features, such as three speed levels and left to right oscillations. But the Jack Stonehouse takes pedestal fans to the next level. With 12 different speed settings, super-quiet operation, and three adjustable oscillation tilts, the Jack Stonehouse Electric Cooling Pedestal Fan will mesmerise you from the moment you bring it home.
This excellent oscillating fan provides unmatched airflow control, thanks to its 12-speed options. Plus, its power-off memory function eliminates the need to switch off the fan manually.
You can split the pole of this fan into three parts, depending on the height you feel comfortable. It has three adjustable lengths: 50 cm, 80 cm, and 107 cm. That means you can use it as a desk or table fan, stand fan, and a pedestal fan.
This fan works on a DC motor. It not only produces a quieter breeze but also cooler air than other pedestal fans. Moreover, the DC motor provides up to 70% energy efficiency, thus allowing you to use the fan without thinking of electric bills at the end of the month.
You can change the speed levels manually or using the remote control supplied with this fan.
The Jack Stonehouse Electric Cooling Pedestal Fan is way ahead of its time due to its unique features and functions. If you want a convertible pedestal fan, this is the one you should rely on.
- It has a 12-hour timer that works flawlessly every time. You can use this function to switch on or switch off the fan automatically.
- The multiple height levels allow you to convert this pedestal fan into a table fan within a few seconds.
- It is slightly more expensive compared to other pedestal fans
6. FUTURA Oscillating Pedestal Standing Fan
Many homeowners think that all pedestal fans are created equal. After all, you simply want something that gives you enough cool air to keep you comfortable throughout the day. But a few subtle differences can equate to a wealth of difference.
The Futura oscillating pedestal fan is equipped with pretty much all the new technology you’d want in a standing fan. Plus, it looks sleek and stylish, so you’d definitely want to add it to your home.
An increasing number of home appliances is made with eco-friendliness in mind. The Futura oscillating fan is no exception. This standing fan delivers more than enough power while operating at below 50 watts. You can bet that it’s one of the most economical oscillating fans on the market right now.
Excellent Area Coverage
The 80-degree oscillation guarantees that the fan spreads cool air throughout the room. Even if you place it in a large room, it wouldn’t disappoint when it comes to covering a wide area.
There are 3 wind speed options to choose from. You can select the right mode according to your unique needs.
Remote control operation makes it so convenient to operate this fan. There’s also an LED display on the body of the fan that enables you to change the settings with just a single touch of a button.
The Futura oscillating fan is equipped with all the right features, making it one of the best choices right now. It’s also comparatively cheaper than similar fans from other brands, so you’d surely want to consider it as your next standing fan.
- Expect to enjoy huge cost savings in the long run. This economical standing fan is manufactured to deliver power without hurting your pocket.
- The 3 speed controls should give you enough flexibility to reach your desired comfort
- There’s a timer that allows you to set the operation anywhere between half an hour to 7 and a half hours
- The power cord is quite short, so you may have to use an extension cord to position the fan exactly where you want.
7. Bionaire Standing Floor Fan with Remote Control
At first glance, the Bionaire Dual Blade fan looks a bit odd because of the two blades housed inside the grill. But this is the same reason why you’d want to buy it. The dual blade technology increases airflow by as much as 20%, which means extra cooling action during the hot summer months.
Bionaire has also made it a point to add all the features homeowners now look for in a stand fan. Keep reading to learn more about this high-quality product.
The standout feature of the Bionaire Dual Blade fan is its dual blade technology. The large blade ensures wide circulation while the small blade delivers more concentrated cooling.
The three-speed settings are more than enough to keep your comfort levels even during the hottest days of the year.
Wide Oscillation and Manual Tilt Options
The wide oscillation means cool air is delivered in all directions while the manual tilt options allow you to point the fan head exactly where you want it.
The height can be adjusted from 90cm to 120cm.
Sleep and Breeze Modes
This stimulates natural airflow for a more refreshing cooling experience.
Bionaire has got things right with their Dual Blade standing floor fan with remote control. With its dual blade technology, you can enjoy more cooling power and even have the choice to experience a more natural airflow. And considering its price, this proves to be a brilliant purchase.
- The dual blades may look strange, but they deliver 20% more cooling for super-hot days
- The sleep and breeze modes are a joy to use. When using these modes, the fan cycles through different speeds to stimulate the natural flow of air instead of receiving a steady gush of wind.
- There are 3-speed settings to choose from, and the highest level should be more than enough for your everyday cooling needs
- The fan comes with a remote control which means easy and convenient operation
- The random switching between different speeds may not suit everyone
8. EcoAir Zephyr Pedestal Fan
Are you tired of using your noisy and power-hungry pedestal fan? If you’ve been using it for several years now, chances are it’s already outdated. New pedestal fans are now energy-efficient and come with new technology that makes your everyday life more comfortable. The EcoAir Zephyr pedestal fan is a prime example, a low-energy fan that boasts high performance.
Energy-efficient DC Motor
What powers the EcoAir Zephyr pedestal fan is its energy-efficient DC motor. This motor can deliver high-velocity while ensuring a quiet performance.
35 Wind Speed Settings
Can you imagine owning a fan with 35 wind speed settings? This is what this pedestal fan by EcoAir offers you. There are 26 Normal settings and 9 Ultra Quiet settings, allowing you to pick the exact speed you need without churning out any noise.
There’s an LED display that gives you all the information you need at a glance. It’s also easy to navigate so you can adjust the settings easily.
The EcoAir Zephyr pedestal fan offers so much despite its small size. The powerful DC motor ensures a noise-free performance while delivering enough power to distribute cool air throughout your room. While it costs quite a bit of money, it’s more than worth it as it can last a long time, thanks to the durable materials used.
- Aside from enjoying all its features, one thing you’d love about this fan is the energy savings it offers. The power consumption starts at just 0.35 W and reaches 27 W at its peak settings.
- The pedestal fan looks like your standard fan but it only weighs 8kg, which means it’s portable enough to be moved from one location to another
- The 35 wind speed settings give you all the flexibility you need to reach your ideal comfort level
- To top things off, this pedestal fan looks modern and stylish. The gorgeous LED display and the sleek remote ensure that this fan would look good in any modern home or workspace
- The wheel on the remote isn’t the most accurate, so you might miss the setting you want if you scroll too quickly
9. Schallen 16″ Floor Standing Pedestal Fan
A pedestal fan is often the answer to a humid room in your house or your office. And the Schallen 16″ Floor Standing Pedestal Fan is undoubtedly one of the best pedestal fans you will ever come across that not only keeps you comfortable but also spreads cold air in the entire room.
This pedestal fan comes with adjustable height so that you can use it as a table fan and a stand fan also. Moreover, with the three speed levels, you can control the airflow just by pushing the buttons on the fan’s pole.
This pedestal fan comes with a 16-inch pole. However, you can adjust the height according to your needs. All you need to do is push the height adjustment button below the speed controllers to convert the pedestal fan into a table fan.
Multiple Speed Control Settings
You have three speed-control settings in this pedestal fan. Connect the fan’s plug to its nearest power source to switch it on.
Adjustable Tilt Head
The oscillating function, together with its adjustable tilt head provides a wider cooling effect. Simply push the oscillating button at the back of the fan to make it swing from left to right.
The Schallen 16″ Floor Standing Pedestal Fan is a budget-friendly pedestal fan that also works as a stand fan and table fan due to its adjustable height. Go for it if you don’t want to spend a lot on an expensive table fan or pedestal fan.
- It is one of the quietest pedestal fans you will ever come across. This fan hardly makes any rumbling noise even if you use it at its highest speed level.
- The mesh safety grill protects over-enthusiastic kids from inserting their fingers in the fan
- The adjustable height allows you to focus the fan’s airflow in a specific direction
- It doesn’t come with remote control. Therefore, you need to change the speed levels manually.
10. Sohler Black Electric Remote Controlled Pedestal Fan
Buying a stand fan back in the day used to be easy since almost all of them had the same features. Today is a different story, however, because modern stand fans are equipped with new technology that takes things to a whole new level. While you have plenty of options in the market, you’d be thankful for choosing the Sohler Black pedestal oscillating fan. It comes with a wealth of features that make it an excellent purchase at a much lower price than its competitors.
3 Wind Modes
This fan allows you to choose between three wind modes: Normal, Nature, and Sleep.
Standing at 16 inches, you can expect that the buttons are also large so you wouldn’t have problems finding and pressing them. But there’s also a remote control that enables you to change the settings without leaving your bed or couch.
The Sohler Black pedestal fan has an oscillation of 80 degrees. Pair this with its large size and you can expect to deliver cool air even in the biggest room in your home.
The Sohler Black oscillating fan may not have all the bells and whistles of top-end stand fans, but it’s equipped with everything you need. Surely, this fan is hard to beat at its price point.
- The three wind modes give you room to adjust the fan speed to reach your target comfort level
- The parts are made from high-quality and durable plastic
- Remote control operation makes this fan very easy to operate
- The buttons are tactile
- For such a low price, you can get a quality stand fan
- It doesn’t look as stylish as other modern fans
- There’s no LED display
Pedestal Fan Buying Guide
A good pedestal fan with multiple speed settings helps you remain comfortable and get a good night’s sleep. An air conditioner is effective in bringing the temperature down but also comes with those large energy bills whereas a top-quality pedestal fan can keep things moving at a low initial cost and almost negligible utility bills. Pedestal fans can be placed virtually anywhere and are easy to operate.
What Is a Pedestal Fan?
Pedestal fans, also known as standing fans, are a fan mounted on a pedestal, which is usually adjustable. The fan head typically stands 2 to 4 feet above the ground. These are lightweight and can be easily carried from one room to another. Most fans come with an oscillating function to spreading of air all around the room.
How Does a Pedestal Fan Work?
Pedestal fans can be categorised into single speed fans and multi-speed fans. Most of the fans available in the market today are multi-speed fans.
A motor behind the fan blades is connected through a spindle to the blades. This motor runs on electricity and it has a rotor inside which spins the fan blades. The multispeed fan is a bit more complex in operation as it also contains a voltage regulator to control the flow of electricity. The voltage regulator is what allows the fan blades to spin at different speeds.
What’s the Difference Between a Tower Fan and a Pedestal Fan?
When it comes to choosing a fan for home use, most people wonder whether to go for a pedestal fan or a tower fan. Both types of fans have their own advantages and the choice between these two depends on your unique needs.
Pedestal fans are typically more powerful as they are able to move a larger volume of air when compared to tower fans. In most cases, the fan blades of a tower fan are smaller in size as compared to a pedestal fan. However, a pedestal fans is not as compact in design as a tower fan.
Pedestal fans can also reach much larger area which means these are a better choice for larger spaces as compared to tower fans. On the other hand, you get much more stylish choices with tower fans as not everybody is pleased with the aesthetics of a pedestal fan. Also, tower fans are a better choice if you need to place a fan in a tight space.
Simply put, both these types of fans have their own advantages and are meant for use in different situations.
Features to Look for in a Pedestal Fan
There are hundreds of companies offering hundreds of models of pedestal fans and choosing one can be challenging. Here is a list of some of the important parameters you should consider to get the best value for your money when buying a pedestal fan.
Power simply refers to the motor wattage. Needless to say, a motor with higher wattage is going to perform better as compared to a motor with lower wattage. In most cases, pedestal fans have motors ranging from 50 to 100 W.
It’s better to buy a model that offers multiple fan modes allowing you better control over the air flow in the room. It’s common to have 3 different speed options in a pedestal fan. Take special note of the RPM at different fan speeds. An RPM of around 1400 means a good breeze.
The oscillating function is important in a pedestal fan as it allows you to spread the cool breeze coming out of the fan to every corner of the room. It can be especially useful when you have a group of people in a room and you want to make everyone comfortable.
It is another feature that’s designed to allow you better control over the airflow direction. The metal rod connecting the fan and motor assembly to the pedestal base should be adjustable to allow you to change the fan height easily.
Remote control for a pedestal fan has become a common feature these days. The real difference lies in the functions that are included in the remote control. Make sure you choose a model that has all the functions you need regularly on the remote control to allow you to control things from the comfort of your sofa or your bed.
Timer is also one of the basic features that everyone expects to have in a pedestal fan or another fan. Choose a model with multiple timer options.
Most pedestal fans look the same and there isn’t really much to choose in terms of design. However, there are a number of colours and finishes to choose from which means you should be able to find a particular design that matches the existing decor of your home. Also, some models come with an LCD display that gives it a stylish look.
Typically, the only dimension that matters is the size of the fan blades as all the other parts such as the pedestal base are typically small in size as compared to the fan blade assembly.
Most modern designs are extremely energy-efficient. Usually, pedestal fans have a motor with power rating of around 50 to 100 W. If you plan to use your pedestal fan for many hours throughout the day, pay special attention to the power consumption or energy rating. However, it shouldn’t be a big concern in case you only plan to use it for a few hours a day.
It is, perhaps, the most important among all the parameters covered in this guide. You do not want a fan that makes too much noise. Some models of pedestal fans make a whole lot of noise at the highest setting. Sometimes, the noise is loud enough to not allow people to have proper conversation in a room. Make sure the noise levels are not high.
You’ll find many models with noise levels below 60 dB which means you can have comfortable conversation even when the fan is running at the highest setting. Keep in mind that the noise level of a pedestal fan depends on the quality of the frame. Make sure you buy a fan with a sturdy frame as it will keep the noise levels down regardless of the fan speed.
It is always better to buy an appliance that comes with a few years warranty. A brand offering a guarantee for their product means that they are confident about the product and stand behind it.
Ease of Cleaning
Cleaning pedestal fans is never easy as dust builds up on the fan blades easily due to their inherent open grill design. Therefore, choose a model that comes with removable grills to allow easy access to the fan blades.